Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 7 -- One Week

   So, I made it this far, skipping a few days of entries due to... Life.  I got sick and, after recovering, decided to potty-train my daughter.  The day after her first breakthrough, she got sick.  Those are the kinds of bugs I had been expecting.  I did not -- wait for it -- do anything resembling deliberate exercise from Wednesday on.  Isn't that just the way life goes?  At a certain point in life, you learn to just roll with the punches; but, at a later point in life, you learn how to better recover from the punches that fully connect.  My latest punches are from physical illness, but I am hoping to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.  Most important to this is getting a good night's sleep!  My dear child hasn't been sleeping due to fever and generally feeling like crap, so that means I haven't been sleeping either.  Perhaps tonight I will get more sleep, but regardless of that I must get up and do my intervals in the morning.  I dealt with stress much less capably than I did on the days when I was exercising.  Mainly I just want to avoid finding myself back at Square One... ok, I realize I'm not very far from Square One right now, which is why I have to work that much harder to make exercise a habit.  I'm at a crucial point -- the point where nine times out of ten I just give up on whatever new thing I'm hoping will improve my life.    
   The fact is I am a better person when I exercise... I'm less stressed and more energetic, which enables me to be happier, which enables me to not be a joyless heezy, which enables me to be a better wife and mother.  You get the idea.  Everyone in my house wins when I spend a simple 20 minutes getting out of the house and getting my heart rate up.  So, tomorrow I must not dismiss my alarm, no matter how much I want to go back to sleep.
   Also, I miss the writing, though I must say just writing for three days -- the poems and the blog -- provided me a significant outlet for my creativity that sustained me through the stresses of the week.   
        

No comments:

Post a Comment