Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 9 -- Aww, Yeah.

   I managed to exercise yesterday and today.  Yesterday, though, I didn't make it out as early as I'd hoped, and the hot sun of the deep South was horrendous.  It was only 8 a.m., but I still felt like I was going to melt.  Regardless, while I was running, I began to wonder why it took me eleven years to get back to running.  It feels good -- the endorphins are real -- and I don't want to stop.
   Apparently the heat triggered some type of reaction, because this morning I woke up before my 5:30 alarm, with no desire to roll over and go back to sleep (despite having gotten very little quality sleep).  I did my running, stretching, writing, and gardening done before anyone in the house was out of bed.  There is something deeply satisfying about that. 
   Another important benefit that I wasn't expecting but am incredibly grateful for is a reduction in PMS symptoms.  Usually, the primary way I know my "time of wrath" is coming is I behave like a heinous bitch and hate everyone I know, including myself.  No annoyance is too small to invoke rage or abysmal depression; so, yeah, the fact that I am about to have my period and my stress level is only slightly elevated is a huge and amazing thing.
   In general, my stress level has been greatly reduced.  Things that used to give me serious anxiety don't phase me as they once did.  This is not to say I have zero anxiety; but, because I am using by body's energy for propelling my body down the road, I don't feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin all day.  It's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment